Company: Ocean Hotels Barbados
To maintain all interior and exterior walls and ceilings across the property and public areas to the best condition. Providing maintenance services as needed and/or as assigned; assisting in a wide variety of maintenance activities; addressing immediate operational and/or safety concerns; assisting skilled trades; and ensuring that tools, materials and work sites are maintained in good working order. Conducting general maintenance, preventative maintenance and repairs to property structures.
Under the supervision of the Rooms Care Manager/Maintenance Manager/Supervisor, the painter is responsible for the general upkeep of the property.
- Ensure all walls and ceilings in guest rooms, work areas and public areas are thoroughly cleaned and maintained throughout the property.
- Ensure all interior and exterior walls and ceilings are maintained throughout the property.
- Prepares various surfaces such as furniture and surrounding areas for paint, enamel, lacquer, varnish or stain
- Identifies problem areas and performs repairs to the sheetrock surfaces.
- Completes basic masonry work.
- Makes repairs to the physical plant and equipment of the establishment while maintaining clean, safe and orderly work sites.
- Cleans, lubricates and repairs the machinery of the hotel.
- Replace minor parts; and maintain other equipment in rooms.
- Does other jobs of conservation and repair to keep the physical structure and the equipment in good condition.
- Adheres to Company policies, standards, and procedures, including Health and Safety, Fire Prevention, Hygiene and Discipline.
- Comply with the Covid 19 Safety Protocols
- In addition to the duties which this job normally entails, you will be required to be completely flexible in this position and must be prepared to undertake such other work as may be assigned to you by the Company from time to time. Such work can be done outside the area of your normal duties.
- Attends departmental meetings, workshops, training for the purpose of conveying and gathering information to perform required functions.
- Prepares daily checklists for the purpose of documenting completed work tasks and conveying pertinent information.
- Performs any other job-related duties. (ancillary as required)
- Must operate in full compliance with the AAA standards.
- Perform any other ancillary duty as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
The Painter must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
- Understand, speak, read and write English at CXC level or equivalent.
- Specific skill-based competencies.
- Knowledge and adherence to safety practices.
- Knowledge in the use of handling hazardous materials.
The Painter must demonstrate the following skills:
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with little to no supervision.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Time management skills.
- Read and write English fluently.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must be neat, professional and well groomed.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. (lifting above the shoulder is also required)
- Ability to relate well to hotel guests and employees.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request clarification when needed.
- Positive attitude and outgoing personality is essential.
- Must be able to work shifts. (days, evening, weekends, holidays)
The Painter must demonstrate the following personal attributes: